BM SUMER Consultancy & Research and The Academy by DHI are jointly organizing an advanced short course on “Scour Around Marine Structures“, to be held in Istanbul on September 20-21, 2018. Course instructors are Professor B. Mutlu Sumer, Dr. Thor Ugelvig Petersen and Dr. V. S. Ozgur Kirca.
Course topics include;
- Basic concepts
- Scour under pipelines: piles/bridge piers, including large piles; pile groups/complex structures; and breakwater and seawalls
- Numerical modelling of scour, using advanced CFD models; recent advances
- Transience in scour due to environmental forcing including long term changes, effect of migrating bed forms and seabed lowering
- Scour protection measures; static and dynamic designs of rock dump
- Dynamic responses of scour protections: (1) cover stones stability, (2) winnowing failure, and (3) Edge scour and falling apron behaviour
- Time-integrated design of scour and scour protections
- Scour assessment in MIKE21
- Various case studies
- Monitoring of scour
Please click here. for the course flyer.